LED lighting Guide
What is LED lighting?
LED light is a light-emitting diode (LED) based product that is fixed into a light bulbs for use in lighting sources. They utilize slightly less energy than CFLs and lighting brands claim LEDs last 20,000 to 50,000 hours. That is around 18 to 46 years when used three hours a day. LEDs right away light up, even in sub zero temperatures, and lifespan is not affected by regularly turning them on and off. Some of the led light bulb can dim as low as good old incandescent bulbs.
Benefits in using LED lighting
In the recent days with the significant price drops on LED lights it positions itself as the best lighting alternative over other lighting technologies in the market. Let’s look at few major benefits of LED lighting here.
- LED light bulbs are 90 percent more efficient than incandescent bulbs
- Available in a variety of colour temperatures
- Not sensitive to cold environments
- Produce next to no heat or UV emissions
- Available in dimmable variants
- Able to withstand heavy vibrations and rough handling due to the lack of a sensitive filament
- Can be cycled on and off frequently without shortening the lifespan
- Longest average life expectancy of all incandescent replacements, lasting up to 25 to 50 times longer
LED lights right away light up, even in sub zero temperatures, and lifespan is not affected by regularly turning them on and off
Comparing LED lights lifespan with other technologies
Long lifetime stands out as the number one benefit of led lights. LED bulbs and diodes have an outstanding operational lifetime expectation. Lighting diodes emit lower output levels over a very long period of time and become less bright while LEDs maintain their original brightness throughout their lifespan. Therefore surely it will add up to the economic side at the end reflecting on energy bills. Let us compare below various lighting technology bulbs lifespan with LED lighting.
|Average lifespan||1,000 hours||4,000 hours||10,000 hours||25,000 hours|
|Bulb lifetime in years @ 6 hours/day||0.46||1.83||4.6||11.4|
|Comparison based on 6 hours use per day (43,800 hours over 20 yrs)|